Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Two-Step Stampin'

 No, that's not a dance. 
It's what's going to be featured today in my first ever

Technique Tuesday! 

For the first Tuesday of every month I will show you a new technique. 
Eventually I these will be video techniques, but baby steps people....baby steps. 

So for today I will show you one of the first techniques I learned many many years ago. It is so simple! 

I lifted the instructions and pictures for this right off the Stampin' Up! website. Maybe tomorrow I will show you a project that I made myself using this same technique, but I ran out of time today.


So here it goes: Two-Step Stampin'

Technique A: Two-Step Stampin'
1]   Stamp the base image.
2]   Position and stamp the overlay or adjoining image.












 Technique B: Repetition (Stamping Off)
1]   Ink a stamp.
2]   Stamp the image.
3]   Restamp the image one or more times without re-inking it. This technique is a great way to get several shades of color from a single ink pad.


 


 QUICK TIP
Use lighter ink for the base image and darker ink for the overlying image.

No comments:

Post a Comment