Thursday, November 4, 2010

What Inspires You

One of the comments I hear the most in my classes is "I'm just not creative enough." Well I just don't believe it. We all have areas of creativity. For some it is painting; for others it is gardening. You may be a creative baker or have a creative parenting style. We are each inspired by different things. So if card-making or scrapbooking is something you'd like to do, but you fear you're not creative enough....go ahead and try it. You may surprise yourself. Just channel what inspires you into your project. If you love to paint, you may love to try filling in our stamped images with our watercolor crayons. If nature inspires you, play around with the colors of your garden or the fall foliage of the trees. If the kitchen is where your creativity flies, try creating some cute little boxes and bags to hand out your cookies and cupcakes in. Let your kids be your inspiration by scarpbooking that cherished photo of them. Inspiration is all around us, let that guide your creativity. And if all else fails, then do what I do when I hit a creative block.....CASE a project! CASE stands for Copy And Share Everything! There are so many talented artists out there who love to share what they do as much as I do. If you see a project you like, go ahead and copy it! Tweak it to fit your personal style. Use your favorite colors or go with a cupcake theme instead of flowers. It's up to you! Just don't let your fear keep you from trying something new that you may end up loving! And for all my personal customers out there, I'm here to help you too! Can only think of one way to use that favorite stamp set or punch you have? Let me know and I'll send you more ideas and help you find some inspirations of your own. So what inspires you? I want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment